Support for Perpetrators
Inspire to Change – South Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company
This service delivered by South Yorkshire Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC), works with men and women who are aged 16 and above who have been abusive controlling and/or violent to their partner or spouse. The support is designed to help those causing harm to learn new skills and find ways to manage and control their abusive behaviour, encouraging positive thinking and behaviour changes to prevent harm to their partner, children and family in the future.
Taking part in Inspire to Change gives participants:
- an understanding of how to recognise the signs of domestic abuse
- a better understanding of why they use violence or aggression in their relationships
- an awareness of how attitudes and beliefs can affect behaviour
- the practical tools to develop and maintain change
- an improved and better life for themselves, their children and others affected by their behaviour
At the first appointment fully trained staff will meet with participants to develop their own personal Inspire to Change plan. This plan may include:
- setting up one to one sessions
- booking on a short respectful relationship course – a 12 session programme
- taking part in a more intensive and in depth course called Building Better Relationships – a 30 session programme
- participating in group work sessions
You can access the service by self-referrals and referrals by any professional working with the perpetrator, the victim or family are accepted. Contact CRC by telephone on 0114 2567270, by email email@example.com or go to their website www.inspiretochange.co.uk
Support to the victim is also available whilst the participant is receiving Inspire to Change support. This is provided by Sheffield by Action Domestic Abuse Support service (ADAS) .