Training for Professionals
IDAS provide a range of training options for professionals who want to increase awareness and confidence in dealing with domestic abuse.
Free Domestic Abuse Training
IDAS deliver specialist face to face training programmes to support practitioners who come into contact with people affected by domestic abuse. This includes those working in health services, children’s services, criminal justice services, social workers and VCS.
The annual training plan courses include
- Signs of domestic abuse and pathways
- Risk assessment and MARAC
- Safeguarding children and domestic abuse
- MARAC representatives training
- Substance misuse and domestic abuse
- Mental health and domestic abuse
- Coercive control
- Male victims
- Young people and domestic abuse
- Forced marriage and ‘honour’ based violence and FGM.
- Older people and domestic abuse
- People with disabilities and domestic abuse
Each training course is free, available to Sheffield practitioners and to men and women. Some of the training is jointly delivered with the Sheffield Safeguarding Children Board (SSCB).
To find out the details and dates of the current courses available or to discuss a bespoke training session for your organisation contact IDAS on 0808 808 2241. Do not contact the DACT directly, as we do not run the training.
IDAS provide two online training courses – Domestic abuse awareness and rape awareness. Access to these courses can be found at IDAS. Note – these courses will not provide the specific details on Sheffield services and pathways.