Providers are invited to attend the Domestic Abuse Operational Group if they are commissioned to provide relevant services by the Local Authority and / or its strategic partners.
The Provider Consultation Group exists in order to provide a regular formal forum for commissioned and non-commissioned providers working in and around this field of work to consult and be consulted on local, regional and national initiatives and developments. Organisations wishing to be considered for membership of this group, which meets quarterly, should contact the Chair – the Domestic Abuse Strategy Manager based in the Drug and Alcohol / Domestic Abuse Coordination Team (DACT), via the email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (0114) 273 6851.
The Service User Reference Group has been established in order for members:
- To give opinions about services based on experience
- To help identify any gaps or barriers to accessing support services
- To ensure that services are coordinated
- To influence service development and practice
- To highlight, promote and celebrate good practice in the city
The group acknowledges that Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse effects can affect anyone regardless of gender, sexuality, race, culture, age or social background, therefore the membership of the group should reflect that. However there will be topics that may require targeted invitations to a specific meeting.
- Prerequisite for membership is that Individuals have been (or are currently) affected by domestic or sexual abuse or violence.
- Members do not need to have had experience of being a service user from any of the commissioned Domestic / Sexual Abuse / Violence services in the city
People interested in getting involved in the Service User Reference Group should contact the Sheffield DACT via the email email@example.com , by phoning (0114) 273 6851 or in writing Sheffield DACT, Sheffield City Council, Community Services, Town Hall, Sheffield S1 2WA