Name of the organisation: Addaction Sheffield DIP Service
Address of the organisation: 42 Sidney Street Sheffield, S1 4RH
Name and contact person: Beth Mottram 0114 2536830
Volunteering opportunities available
Recovery Champion – role would include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Promoting Addaction DIP services and other treatment services/options.
- Input to group work and activities
- Increasing service user engagement.
What are the criteria for people applying?
- Must be or have been a Service User at Addaction DIP Service
- Ideally abstinent
- Must be free of illicit drug use
- Can be on prescribed substitute medication as long as this is stable.
- 3 Day training course
- On-going access to Addaction Sheffield internal training opportunities
What commitment is required?
- Must attend the initial training
- After this – time commitment is negotiable
How long can a volunteer be expected to be placed with your service?
This is negotiable
What expenses are covered?
Currently just bus fares.