National Strategies and Guidance
Published on the 8th March 2016
Female Genital Mutilation: the facts
Domestic and sexual violence, problematic substance use and mental ill-health are three issues that often co-exist. And when they do, things can become complicated.
Complicated matters: a toolkit and e-learning programme addressing domestic and sexual violence, problematic substance use and mental ill-health (designed by the Stella Project) are designed to ‘uncomplicate’ matters by raising professionals’ awareness about how the three issues interlink and reflecting on the most effective ways to engage with individuals and families who are affected by these issues.
To this aim, both the toolkit and e-learning provide information on:
• the links between experiences of domestic and sexual violence, problematic substance use and mental ill-health
• ways to encourage survivors to engage with services and how to meet their needs
• ways to increase safety for survivors and their children
• holding perpetrators accountable for their own violent and abusive behaviour
• developing a holistic approach based on partnerships and integrated work
• practical, adaptable tools which enable organisations to improve policy and practice
This link will take you to the e-learning and toolkit.